Super Healthy Influencer Suffered Massive Cardiac Failure After Nightclub Visit

A health and fitness influencer has died from a massive cardiac arrest after apparently being given a spiked drink at a nightclub.

Influencer Larissa Borges, 33, poses in undated photo. She died in Gramado, Brazil. (@lariborgesx/Newsflash)

Police confirm they are investigating the death of Larissa Borges Almeida, 33, who was on holiday in tourist hotspot Gramado, Rio Grande do Sul state, Brazil.

Larissa – from Brasilia – fell ill after having a drink at a club with her boyfriend and was rushed to hospital after collapsing when her heart stopped beating.

She died a week later on Monday, 28th August when she suffered a second cardiac arrest in her hospital bed, according to local media.

Police say they are waiting for toxicology results from an autopsy before they can announce a cause of death.

She had previously posted photographs from the holiday with a message for her followers saying: “I am enjoying every little bit of this trip.”

Local police deputy Gustavo Barcellos said: “There is a report of possible ingestion of narcotic substances that had been placed within alcoholic beverages.

Influencer Larissa Borges, 33, poses in undated photo. She died in Gramado, Brazil. (@lariborgesx/Newsflash)

“The body was sent for an autopsy. We are awaiting the results of laboratory tests to confirm details of any that she possibly consumed.”

Larissa had 26,000 followers on Instagram where she shared tips on physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

In a statement shared on social media her family said: “The pain of losing someone so young, just 33, and so kind is overwhelming.

“Our hearts are broken and the longing we will feel is indescribable.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *